1) New Hope Fishing Trip to Arkansas - Oct 22-25, 2020
Spring is just around the corner and it is time to decide if you will be joining us on the Fall 2020 New Hope Fishing Trip to Arkansas! The official dates for the trip are Thursday, October 22 through Sunday, October 25, 2020 (which coincides with HSE's Fall Break). The cost for the trip is $750 if you are planning to spin cast or $800 if you would like to fly fish. I am going to need a firm commitment by Sunday, May 3 with a check for half of the cost ($375 for spin and $400 for fly) payable to New Hope Presbyterian Church with "2020 Fishing Trip" listed in the memo line. The remaining half will be due no later than October 1, 2020.
Unfortunately, the Fisherman's Lodge had already booked another party for our October dates; however, we have found Cedarwood Lodge in Flippin, AR that seems to be a good alternative for our lodging in 2020. I would encourage you to visit the Cedarwood Lodge website at http://www.cedarwoodslodge.com/ to checkout the pictures of the facility. We currently have the entire Cedarwood Lodge site held for New Hope which can accommodate up to 20 people in separate beds. This facility also has a nice dining hall for our entire group to gather and enjoy our meals. However, the best part of this lodge is that it is located directly on the White River and has awesome views of the river directly from our rooms and a very nice wrap around porch with plenty of outside seating. There are also 2 docks (one covered and one uncovered) to fish from the shore when we are not being guided.
The following items are included in the trip price:
- Transportation to and from Arkansas from Indiana – We will need people to volunteer to drive but all gasoline costs will be reimbursed to the driver.
- Nima's Pizza for dinner on Thursday night when we arrive at the lodge – We will get take out and eat at the lodge (http://nimaspizza.com/)
- Continental breakfast on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday morning (bagels and/or muffins)
- 2 days of guided fishing on the White River with all the bait and tackle included
- 3 nights lodging at Cedarwood Lodge
- Trout shore lunch on the banks of the White River one day of the fishing
- Box lunch on the other day of the fishing
- Cooked dinner in the Cedarwood Lodge dining hall on Friday night
- Dinner at Gaston’s Restaurant on the White River Saturday night (alcoholic drinks are not included) - http://www.gastons.com/menu/
The following are not included in the trip price:
- Arkansas fishing 3 day fishing license with trout stamp - $36 (yes, the price went up)
- Any food that you buy driving between Indiana and Arkansas
- Guide Tip - Optional but appreciated
I have included all the people that attended the 2019 fishing trip and added a few names that have expressed interest in the fishing trip in the past. If you know of anyone else that would also be interested in the 2020 Fishing Trip, please feel free to forward this email to them (or let me know and I will contact them directly).
2) New Hope 25th Anniversary Clothing:
You can still order long or short sleeved t-shirts, sweatshirts and fleece jackets go to www.stitchinginstyle.com click on order forms and look for the New Hope Option. For clothing questions, call Dianne Shoufle at 317-753-3529.