Kairos Prison Ministry #25: Oct 31 to Nov 3, 2019
Cookies need to be returned by Wednesday Oct 30, 2019 at 5:00 PM
Kairos is a ministry of Christ’s love, delivered by His family to Inmates at the Pendleton Correctional facility. It is a 3 ½ day weekend where a team from the outside enters the maximum security facility to bring a planned Christian experience, lots of food, and most importantly non-judgmental love to 42 offenders who many have never experienced such over powering love. We discuss, share, sing, pray, eat, listen and show love and respect to all. There are numerous ways in which you can get involved.
Click here to get the KAIROS COOKIE RECIPE
WAYS YOU CAN HELP
Kairos #25 - Pendleton Correctional Facility
1) Prayers: The weekend is Oct 31 to Nov 3, 2019. Pray for the offenders, correctional officers, and team. Please sign up "early" and "often" to pray for the participants and the team! "The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love..." (Galatians 5:6) Link to Active Prayer Vigil Sign-up Sheets
2) Placemats: These are used for place mats at all meals. 10 x 14 size. Colored with scenes, bible verses, “I love you”, hearts etc, Good kid project. No glitter, glue, stick ons or laminations. Put first name and age. Blank mats at Gordon Foods.
3) Hands: Trace hands on construction paper and cut out. Write / color etc like the placemats. These are special gifts throughout the weekend and offenders love them. Need bunches of then. Again good kids project. First name and age. No glitter, glue, stick ons or laminations.
4) Cookies: Chocolate chip cookies are the principal "gifts" given throughout the entire weekend. We need 3,000 dozen. Must be baked with the "exact" recipe. Do not ad lib!!! Use a #40 leveled scoop so that they are uniform size (2" Dia.). 6 cookies to 1 qt zip lock bag. Cannot be broken. Bake anytime and we freeze them. Bring to church on Sundays. Recipe and dry kits (for sale) at the table. Return baked cookies no later than Wednesday May 15, 2019 to the Church Office.
5) Financial Support: Each weekend costs $8,000 to $10,000. Obviously the offenders have nothing to chip in so it is up to donations from team members and outside gifts. Each team member needs to “come up with” a significant amount. Make checks to “Kairos of Indiana” Put "PCF" in the memo line. Please do not give any money if it would take away from your New Hope giving! Give donations to me and I will deposit.
6) Attend the Closing: You may attend (Men & Women) the closing ceremony, something which is very special to see and hear. Must be over 18 years old. I need you name, as it appears on your drivers license and your email address by October 18. Your name will be put on the list and you will receive an email with rules of dress etc. You need to be at the facility at 1pm (to 4pm) on Sunday November 3.
Thank you for any support you can give us! God can make a difference in these men’s lives. Be a part of making the weekend successful.
Steve Bishop - Dave Gay - Mike Ireland - Dave Pecenka